The resource library provides access to all reports, good practice examples, guides and tools developed in the PlanUp project. You can filter your search by sector and country.
Choose a materialGrab our assessments, factsheets, guides & more:
Here you can find capacity-building tools to engage with your national government in the NECPs process.
Webinar: How EU governments can set credible decarbonisation pathways using the "Pathways Explorer" tool? [Recording]Click to watch!
Newsletter (VIII): No sustainable recovery without detailed plans for green initiatives [February 2021]
Webinar on the NECPs [Presentations]Overview of 10 draft National Recovery Plans and discussion presentations and recording
1st - Slovenia: Andrej Gnezda Slovenia presentation
2nd - Hungary: Andras Lukacs Hungary presentation
3rd - Latvia: Janis Brizga Latvia Presentation
4th - Poland: Izabela Zygmunt
5th - Italy: Edoardo Zanchini Italy presentation
6th - Bulgaria: Yasen Georgiev and Petko Kovachev Bulgaria presentation
7th - Czech Republic: Jana Maussen Czech Republic presentation
8th - Spain: Daniela Sanz Spain Presentation
9th - Austria: Bernhard Zlanabitnig Austria presentation
10th - Portugal: Francisco Ferreira Portugal presentation
What’s next? A guide to navigating the NECPs follow-up and the next decade in EU climate and energy policies (EN) [Dec. 2020]Also available in ES, HU, PL, RO and IT - Click to see:
Webinar: The NECPs and post-covid recovery plans: what are the main takeaways in the buildings and transport sectors? [Oct. 2020]Click to watch!
See the presentations from both days here.
Webinar: The role of the National Energy and Climate Plans in the post-COVID recovery [29/06/2020]Click to watch!
Newsletter (V): National energy and climate plans as tools to build more resilient societies [Apr. 2020]
Presentations: Mid-term conference [21-22/01/2020]EU Green Deal and NECPs: Is Europe on the right pathway to becoming the first climate-neutral continent?
- Day 1: Lian Merkx, Programme Manager Energy Transition, Association of Dutch municipalities
- Day 1: Quentin Genard – E3G Acting head of Brussels office
- Day 1: Michiel Schaeffer, Climate Analytics
- Day 2: Daniel Becker, Navigant - Director - BEACON (EUKI)
- Day 2: Arianna Vitali Roscini, BPIE - Senior Project Manager - BuildUpon (H2020)
- Day 2: Alexandra Papadopoulou, University of Athens - C Track 50 (H2020)
- Day 2: Jeremie Fosse, Ecounion - Proseu (H2020)
- Day 2: Tomislav Pukšec, University of Zagreb - Assistant Professor - Pentahelix (H2020)
- Day 2: Mathias Claeys Bouaert, CAN Europe - Network Outreach Coordinator - Life Unify (LIFE)
- Day 2: Damiano Di Simine - Legambiente - Sharing Cities (H2020)
Newsletter (IV): New year, new ̶c̶h̶a̶l̶l̶e̶n̶g̶e̶s̶ opportunities [Jan. 2020]THE FINAL NATIONAL ENERGY AND CLIMATE PLANS
Newsletter (III): Citizens demand a faster pace of change [Sep. 2019]PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IN THE NATIONAL ENERGY AND CLIMATE PLANS
Newsletter (II): EU countries fail to rise up to the climate challenge [Jun. 2019]Here is the way to a strong and inclusive (final) energy and climate plan
Navigating the policy-making process can sometimes be complex and not as straightforward as desirable - especially if there’s no proper communication from the side of the government. These guidelines have been written with the purpose of clarifying what are the obligations of the Member States, when do they have to deliver on their obligations, when can stakeholders contribute and in which manner. We also provide resources that stakeholders can use to positively contribute to increasing ambition in the countries’ energy and climate plans.
Beginner's Guide on EU Climate and Sectoral Decarbonisation Policies (EN) [Jan. 2019]Click to read more (+ languages).
This document aims to help civil society organisations (CSOs) and local regional authorities (LRAs) to better understand the European legislation and policy in place to reduce greenhouse gas emissions across the bloc and ultimately mitigate the most dangerous consequences of climate change. It will present an overview of these international climate negotiations as context to EU legislation; it will detail the EU’s 2020 and 2030 climate and energy frameworks and explains how these link to the overarching international climate goals and the EU’s commitments within these (EN).
Useful links (Covenant of Mayors)
Webinar: Integrated Home Renovation Services - How to set them up and get the EU funding support on top
Webinar: Urban Densification Solutions for achieving Near Zero Energy Buildings (2019)
Webinar: Mapping energy poverty and assessing its climate impacts to support clean air policies in the Eastern European countries (2019)
Webinar: Financing the energy renovation of housing – how to get banks on board? (2018)
Webinar: Make your municipal budget climate-friendly (2018)
Webinar: Planning a sustainable city through carbon budgets (2018)
Report: Use of European Regional Development Funds 2007-2013 & 2014-2020 in Italian regions for the Covenant of Mayors
Publication: Innovative Financing Schemes
Website: Covenant of Mayors
- 🤔Why is it worth looking at 🚎🚄#sustainablemobility through a gender filt...
- .@PlanUp final conference gave an update on needed reforms for 🏘️buildin...
- To make farming more climate-friendly, we should: 🐄reduce consumption of...
- Speakers from @EU_CoR have taken the floor at the #PlanUp final conferen...
- #PlanUp final conference has been opened with presentations from project...
- 📢 Happening today at 10h00! Last chance to register to our #PlanUp fin...
- RT @LIFEprogramme: Our #LIFEproject @_Plan_Up set out to help member sta...