Identifying and Overcoming barriers to secure effective NECP implementation - events
The multi-stakeholder dialogue will bring together representatives from the national government, local authorities and civil society to discuss the potential ways forward in strengthening the implementation of the 2030 national energy and climate plans (NECPs), in particular in the key sectors transport, buildings and agriculture.
During this dialogue, representatives from the LIFE PlanUp project will provide an overview of the relevance of the NECPs in delivering the new EU flagship initiative, the European Green Deal. Furthermore, experienced local authorities and civil society organizations will provide their proposals to strengthen the linkages between the Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plans (SECAPs) developed under the Covenant of Mayors initiative with the NECPs, and also to identify and overcome barriers to effective NECP implementation in the transport, buildings and agriculture sectors.
Dates and locations
- Romania: 18 February, Hilton Garden Inn, Bucharest Old Town (See the agenda here).
- Poland: 25 February, City of Warsaw, ul. Marszalkowska 77/79 (See the agenda here).
- Italy: 16 March, Centro Congressi Cavour, Rome. [CANCELLED]
- Hungary: 25 March, MagNet Community Center, Budapest. [CANCELLED]
- Spain: 31 March, Espacio ecooo, Madrid (See the agenda here). [CANCELLED]